Thanksgiving is a time to be grateful and it is a time to reflect on the people that have had a positive impact on your life. It’s a time to reminisce on the unforgettable experiences and time spent with friends and family. Take a moment to reflect and show gratitude through a note, text, gift, social media post, or compliment. A simple, kind gesture to a stranger you cross paths with or those you see every day and are so grateful to know can mean more than you know. Giving gratitude is contagious, leaving you feeling happier and inspired or calm and centered.
It can sometimes be challenging to get into this mindset of gratitude, but 3 simple things can help you shift your frame of mind:
- Notice good things, look for them, and appreciate them
- Savor and really pay attention to those good things in your life
- Express your gratitude – keep it to yourself, write it down, or thank someone
Now that you’re in the right frame of mind, we challenge you!
- Reach out to those special people in your life and let them know how grateful you are to know them and how they have made an impact on your life.
- Take some time and list all of the things (experiences, animals, nature, people) that you are grateful for. Try to reach a list of 100!
Let’s celebrate this season of giving together. When you are giving you are truly living!